Join the 2020 Steering Committee
December 16, 2019
Story by Jordan Baker
National Campus Leadership Council’s Steering Committee is an assembly of student body presidents who exemplify student leadership. Steering Committee members have the opportunity to work with NCLC staff and volunteers in planning all elements of the nation’s largest convening of student body presidents from colleges and universities, the Presidential Leadership Summit.
This includes finding riveting new speakers, providing input on student-centered breakout sessions and even taking the stage during one of our sessions.
Passionate about providing incoming student body presidents with the tools they need to successfully lead their student body and interested in using your voice to inspire curriculum and sessions at PLS 2020.
Ideally, you have:
- Attended PLS in 2019 (or a prior year) and who currently or previously served as Student Body President.
- A commitment to working an average of 2 hours/week
- A commitment to attending steering committee phone calls twice a month.
- Registration costs will be covered but Steering Committee members will be responsible for travel to/from the event!
All committee members will arrive in DC on June 5th in order to prepare for the summit. There will also be follow-up phone calls, though all responsibilities will conclude by June 30, 2020. In exchange for your leadership on this committee, you will receive exclusive NCLC merchandise, a chance to co-facilitate a PLS session, and other benefits. This position is ideal for those who are committed to the advancement of future leaders, have some event planning experience, and work well in a remote team setting.
How to Apply
Submit your application through this online form by Monday, January 6, 2020, at 11:59 pm EST. Please fill out every line item.
Applicants will be selected by skill, experience, and an exemplary passion for the advancement of student leadership.
Previous Steering Committee Institutions
- Michigan State University
- University of South Florida St. Petersburg
- Georgia Southern University
- Louisiana Tech University
- Methodist University
- Mercer University
- Grand View University
- Eastern Oregon University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Houston
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- University of North Texas
- University of San Diego
- University of Minnesota Duluth
- Florida International University
- Indiana University
- Georgia Gwinnett College
- University of Iowa
UPDATE: The 2020 Steering Committee members have been selected and announced. View the new cohort in our announcement.
© 2020 National Campus Leadership Council